Sunday, May 11, 2008

Get in the boat fish!

I forgot to write about how Kristen and I were so successful during our deep sea fishing trip. First of all, whenever there was some down time when no one was catching anything, Kristen and I would say a little chant. If you are familiar with Homestar Runner then you'll recognize this.

Come oooooon fish!
Get in the booaaat fishfish!
We have a keg!
A keg of WORRRMS!

And no joke, we would start catching fish. Seriously. It worked.

Also, for the last half of the trip we were at the opposite end of the boat from where our rods were because that's where the food was. It's amazing that the fact that my hands were covered in fish scales and guts didn't keep me from eating my turkey and cheese sandwich! Well, that might not surprise some of you- "lay off me! I'm STARVING!" But while we were eating and carrying on, our lines were in the water and later we found out that the guys down there reeled in a few catches from each of our rods. Man! We're so good that even when we're gone we catch fish! So of course we added those to our count. heehee :)

3 comments:

Kristen said...

we were pretty sweet at fishing but then again we don't do anything we're not good at. haha.

i forgot about tim's comment about decompressing. that made me laugh again. i'm not surprised at all that you remembered though! haha.

i better stop writing before i write as much as my mom does - at least she has the excuse of not being your neighbor. :)

Jayci said...

fishing by absence and eating; way to go!

Unknown said...

HomeStar Runner FTW!
http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail44.html

I'm happy to see that you're keeping yourself busy. It's such a tough job scuba diving and visiting local festivities ... but someone has got to do it. :)



Uh, I mean ...... Yes! I'm Awesome!