Monday, January 12, 2009

suh-wha-di-krap

Hi, writing this currently from Bangkok, Thailand. we arrived here two days ago and since then we have seen alot of the sights of the city. we saw the reclining Budda, the emrald Budda, and thousands and thousands of other Buddas. we have been getting around by river taxi, by regular taxi, by the underground train and elevated train and also by these thing called tuk tuks. the tuktuk is a tricycle vehicle that can cram four people on. its like a covered motorcycle...sort of. the drivers are nuts, which makes it even cooler. today we took a trip to a floating market, the first hour was by van, then we got in little banana shaped boats with four cylinder engines-on-a-stick on the back of them. it was about a half hour by those boats to the market. the market had floating vendors and customers were on the dock. I got a really good eggroll and a nice meal of fried rice for 50 baht (about $1.20). I've decided that I'm most interested in the food of thailand, and audrey can spend the time looking at the trinkets and other awesome clothing, wallhangings etc. etc. etc. (The King and I reference... anyone?... anyone?). anyways, soon we are heading to the north, to chang mai where we will do some trekking around and things like that. should be awesome. I really want to come back sometime and ride motorcycles all around thing place, but it might be a little dangerous, the traffic is way way way nuttier here than it is in Okinawa. ight, we'll write more later, and yes, Alaska is best in the summer, Fairbanks is best in September/May I hear because it actually gets really hot in the summer, Anchorage is always awesome i hear from my buddy clint since it is on the ocean it has a milder climate. but heather, since you're from minnesota you could deal with it any time of year I'm sure. -Erik

1 comment:

Heather said...

thanks erik! in case you wanted to know the high today in eagan was around -6!