Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Fat Steak and potatoes
Erik: In answer to andrew's question about reverting to normal food: It took me all of one trip to the grocery store and one to the BX to buy a grill before we had steaks. I also went to the chilli's on base here the day after I got here. It is nice to know that anytime you miss home you can go right on base and every thing is about the same as it would be in say seattle. One great thing about here versus our last two assignments (Del Rio and Altus, OK) is the variety of restaurants within a very close proximity of our place. We've had japanese, chinese, vietnamese, Turkish, Tex-Mex, Italian, Indian, lots of seafood, Sushi, teppanyaki, Korean, Hawaiian. All that was offbase, on base there is burgerking, pizza hut, charlie's subs, tacobell, subway, manchu wok, dunkin donuts, chilli's, popeye's, A&W and a few Officer and Enlisted clubs. So we can always get food like back home, or eat really weird salads with octopus tentacles, or eel, or sweet potato ice cream.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Well, it's good to hear that you don't have to go too far to get a taste of home!
sounds unbeatable!! Is the food on Okinowa really expensive like the rest of Japan?
I can't believe how much is ON base!! That's really nice!
Audrey & Erik-
Bill and I (Kristen's parents) are loving your entertaining blogs. Keep up the postings. We figure we will get the best picture of life in Okinawa by reading both of your blogs.... We are also glad to learn that you are being adventurous about trying new foods! Don't forget to tell us about the Goya - that you ended up spitting out!
We are already looking forward to your next posting and all the photos, too.
judy and Bill cummings
WOW - what adventures already!! i am not sure if I could do the octopus on my salad! Nice to have some creature comforts so close!
Erik, I would love to have some input from you -David is looking into National Guard/Reserves in conjunction with his college. His areas of interest are the graphics/videography, etc. I feel he should talk with the AirForce to also include thier information in the mix. Any Thoughts/Wisdom?
Love to you both! SO happy you are having fun with this adventure! The kids say hi and send hugs (and a pat for Addie)! Love the pics and love to read the updates!
Post a Comment